Want to help Project Angel Heart become more sustainable and provide the most nutritious food possible to our clients? Donate your excess veggies to our kitchen or even grow an extra row for us! Your produce donation will help provide nutritious meals for our clients and help us to limit our carbon emissions as well as lower transportation and food costs. Help us save lives as well as the planet by donating veggies today:
- We’re especially interested in receiving donations of chard, tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- We can accept other produce as well, with the exception of lettuce, cucumbers, and radishes.
- Please limit the amount of rhubarb you donate (not much is needed).
- Bring produce donations by our kitchen (at 4950 Washington St.) on Mondays (8 a.m. - 1 p.m.) or Saturdays (9 a.m. - 1 p.m. For Saturday deliveries, please park on the east side of the building, enter through the distribution doors, and check-in with Kris Call, Distribution Manager, upon arrival).
- If transportation is a problem, give us a call and we will try to arrange for another volunteer to pick the produce up from you.
- Consider volunteering to make produce pick-ups and/or assist with cleaning and chopping the veggies. Shifts are available Monday afternoons and evenings.
- Share this flyer with your family and friends and encourage them to donate produce as well!