Cooking Together: A Hearty Meal With Project Angel Heart
Thursday, March 11, 2021, at 6pm MST
Make the most of your extra “at-home time” by spending an evening cooking, learning, and raising funds for Coloradans facing life-threatening health conditions. Join us for a live, virtual cooking lesson with Project Angel Heart’s new executive chef, Brett Newman. As we cook together, he’ll share some trade secrets and answer frequently asked home chef questions. Owen Ryan, our president and CEO, will share how our medically tailored meals save lives and reduce health care costs.
Get a head start on Chef Brett’s Pulled Chicken Gumbo and Cast-Iron Cornbread by ordering our home chef kit (priced at $100, see details below). Want to join in but don’t need the kit? No problem… purchase a virtual ticket and join the party!
- Home chef kit including virtual cooking lesson: $100
- Home chef kits may shipped for an additional fee or may be picked up from Project Angel Heart’s Denver or Colorado Springs offices on March 9 or 10, 9am-5pm.
- Virtual cooking lesson only: $50
Virtual Ticket Includes:
- Recipes for Chef Brett’s Pulled Chicken Gumbo and Cast-Iron Cornbread
- Access to our live, virtual cooking lesson where you’ll learn tips and tricks to nail these recipes and have the opportunity to make a gift to provide similar nourishing meals for Coloradans in need
Home Chef Kit Includes:
- The recipes, access to the live, virtual cooking lesson, PLUS…
- A few of the items you’ll need to make Chef Brett’s gumbo and cornbread (Project Angel Heart-made cornbread mix, infused honey, housemade hot sauce), plus a shopping list for the remaining fresh ingredients
- Project Angel Heart branded items unavailable elsewhere!
Can’t attend? You can still make a gift to help us reach our fundraising goal, which will allow us to purchase all of the fresh vegetables we’ll need for client meals this year!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the home chef kit include a complete meal?
No. The home chef kit is not a complete meal kit but rather a selection of Project Angel Heart food items, including cornbread mix, housemade hot sauce, and infused honey. In your event materials, you will receive full recipes and will be able to purchase the remaining fresh ingredients yourself.
Will there be modifications for dietary restrictions?
Yes. Chef Brett’s Pulled Chicken Gumbo is a very flexible recipe and can be adapted for many dietary needs. If you are a vegetarian, for example, you can replace the chicken with root vegetables or beans, and use vegetable broth in place of chicken broth.
Can home chef kits be shipped out of state?
Yes! We are excited to share the Project Angel Heart Denver kitchen with friends near and far. Home chef kits can be shipped for an additional $12 fee per box. We will begin shipping on February 26 to allow ample time for delivery.
Questions? Contact Sarah Mirick, events organizer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.407.9420.