Our professional chefs and registered dietitian prepare tasty, medically tailored meals from scratch. Incorporating a wide array of culinary traditions and cultures, they create meals that feature fresh, high-quality ingredients- including vegetables and herbs from our own garden and local community farms. The menu is different every week, and includes dishes like:
- Beef Bolognese with spaghetti and peas
- Baked tilapia with scallion-ginger sauce, rice, and carrots
- Chicken and vegetable curry with couscous
- Breakfast tacos with fresh salsa, pinto beans, and zucchini
- Herb roasted pork loin with butternut squash sauce and barley
Each week, we provide seven nutritious entrees, soup, bread, fruit, and milk. Entrees are delivered frozen so that you have the flexibility to reheat your meals whenever you would like to enjoy them.
We know that food is medicine, and that medically appropriate meals can lead to better health and well-being. So we also tailor meals to meet your medical and dietary needs.
This includes most food allergies* and religious beliefs. We tailor meals according to six main diets:
|Regular Diet. Our standard healthy meals, which feature:
|Renal Diet. Good for people living with end stage renal disease/kidney issues. Also appropriate for people with diabetes.
|Allergy Diet. Good for people with common allergies or intolerances.
|Unseasoned Diet. Good for people experiencing taste changes, nausea, chemo mouth, or mouth sores.
|Low Sodium/Diabetic Diet. Good for people living with heart issues, COPD, and diabetes.
On top of the diets above, we can also “add-on” any of the following modifications:
- Texture Modifications. Food is fork tender or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Eliminations. Based on medical necessity and/or religious preference, we can eliminate items like gluten, pork, beef, bread, soup, and dessert.
- Gastrointestinal- for those with GI problems. No legumes, dark/leafy greens, cauliflower, broccoli, corn, peas, or cabbage. Also appropriate for people on blood-thinning medication.
Together with your health care provider and our client services team, you can choose the diet that’s best for you.
*Project Angel Heart does its best to accommodate dietary needs, but our kitchen is not an allergen-free environment. Food prepared in our kitchen may come in contact with wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients, milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and fish. This is especially important if you have a severe or life-threatening food allergy.
To learn more about our meal modifications and menu options, please contact our Client Services team at 303.830.0202, 800.381.5612, or firstname.lastname@example.org.