Research suggests that only 20% of your overall health is influenced by the medical care you receive. The remaining 80% is influenced by conditions like housing, transportation, education, and food—called “social determinants of health”.
With a recent shift toward providing value-based care, health care providers are starting to recognize the necessity of addressing social determinants of health. What if doctors prescribed medically tailored food as part of a treatment regimen? Project Angel Heart has been conducting an exciting pilot program where health care providers are doing just that. Continue reading