COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Protocols – Colorado Springs
Our clients, all of whom are already facing life-threatening health conditions, are among the most vulnerable people in our state, so we are taking extra precautions to keep them, our volunteers, and our staff safe and healthy. We are closely monitoring guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and continue to update our safety protocols based on their recommendations.
Our Colorado Springs office is open for guests and visitors following posted office hours.
Wednesdays 9:30-11:30am, 2-5pm / Fridays 8:30-11:30am / Saturdays 1-3pm
The following mask policies will be in place for all Project Angel Heart work in Colorado Springs:
- Updated September 7, 2021: We require all volunteers, staff, and visitors to wear a mask while inside Project Angel Heart’s Colorado Springs office, regardless of vaccination status.
- During distribution at Care & Share (whether indoors or outside), masks are optional per Care & Share’s policy (effective immediately). You are welcome to continue wearing a mask if you prefer.
- Given the vulnerability of our client population, mask wearing during deliveries is required. We are continuing our no-contact delivery processes.
- Gloves or hand sanitizer are recommended, but no longer required. Please remember good hygiene practices. Project Angel Heart staff will have hand sanitizer available for your use.
Important safety protocols for meal delivery volunteers
- Meal deliveries are still 100% no-contact; set the bag down at the door, knock/ring the bell, and then move back at least six feet and wait for the client to answer. You may enter apartment buildings, but do not enter a client’s home.
- WEAR A MASK. Regardless of your vaccination status and State of Colorado guidelines, given the vulnerability of our client population, mask wearing during deliveries is required.
- If the client is already waiting for you at the door or lobby, place the bag on the ground while maintaining a safe distance and step back at least 6 feet.
- If a client insists on you coming inside to help put the meals away, please explain that you cannot go inside, and call client services immediately for further instructions. For an immediate response, call 303.830.0202. In these instances, do not text the missed delivery platform or leave messages on the missed delivery line as it will delay our response.
- Please, no hugs, fist bumps, handshakes, or high fives when delivering meals to a client. Please stick to a friendly wave or bow.
- Using hand sanitizer between deliveries is recommended, but not required. Please remember good hygiene practices.
- Please decline taking used bags from clients, and ask them to recycle any on hand.
- Please call our Client Services team at 303.830.0202 if you are concerned about a particular client’s ability to access meals.
Thank you for making sure our clients feel loved!