COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Protocols
Our clients, all of whom are already facing life-threatening health conditions, are among the most vulnerable people in our state. We closely monitor guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and continue to update our safety protocols based on their recommendations.
Important COVID-19 safety protocols for all staff and volunteers
- All Project Angel Heart employees and volunteers age 12+ are required to be fully vaccinated by 11.01.2021
- Vaccination requirements will be in place for anyone spending 15 minutes or more participating in any Project Angel Heart program. That includes all vendors, visitors, volunteers, and guests
- Our vaccine policy can be found here.
Effective March 9, 2022, our updated mask-wearing policy is as follows:
- If you are delivering Project Angel Heart meals, mask-wearing is required.
- You may choose whether or not to wear a mask while indoors at Project Angel Heart.
- If you would like to remove your mask, please submit an electronic copy of your vaccination card to email@example.com. Please note that you do not need to resubmit your vaccination card if we previously confirmed your vaccination status. All electronic copies of vaccination cards will be destroyed in line with HIPAA policies once your vaccination status is confirmed.
- If you have trouble scanning your card, bring your card to our office and we will confirm your vaccination status in person.
- Submitting your vaccination card to forgo wearing a mask is completely optional. However, wearing a mask is required if you haven’t provided proof of vaccination.
Over the next several months, many of us may choose to keep our masks on, while others will take them off. We are asking everyone to respect each other’s choices and to refrain from asking others their reasoning behind wearing or not wearing a mask.
If you’re waiting to come back to volunteer, or the role you normally volunteer in hasn’t returned yet, there are other ways we hope you can help us.
- Meal bag decorating
- Raise funds for us on Facebook
- Ask us for other ways to help!
Colorado Springs office
Click here to see volunteer safety protocols specific to Colorado Springs activities.
Denver and Colorado Springs volunteers, call 303.830.0202 with questions about safety protocol.