Meal Bag Decorating Program
Decorate Meal Bags for Clients
Help bring cheer to our clients by decorating meal bags! Meal bags are picked up at our office and decorated offsite at your location. This is a great way to introduce volunteers of all ages and abilities to Project Angel Heart and have a positive impact on the lives of our clients.
Denver Meal Bag Pickup & Drop-Off:
Location: Denver Office & Kitchen
4950 Washington St.
Contact Number: 303.830.0202
Colorado Springs Meal Bag Pickup & Drop-Off:
Location: Care and Share Food Bank
2605 Preamble Point
Colorado Springs, 80915
Contact Number: 303.407.9423
Pueblo Meal Bag Pickup & Drop-Off:
Please contact Pueblo Volunteer and Distribution Coordinator Isaiah Urioste.
Contact Number: 303.407.9451
Meal Bag Decorating Guidelines
What to do?
- Have fun being creative! Draw cheerful designs, pictures, scenery, animals, or whatever comes to mind. If you make a mistake, create something new out of it!
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before decorating.
- Decorate one side only.
- Feel free to write your first name and age on the bags.
What to avoid?
- To ensure the safety of our clients, please do not pick up, decorate, or drop off bags if you are sick.
- Please do not write messages or words of any kind, including a business or organization name.
- For client privacy, please do not write “Project Angel Heart” or duplicate our logo.
- Because we serve a diverse set of clients with various backgrounds and cultures, we ask that you do not draw specific holiday or religious pictures such as crosses, angels, menorahs, Christmas trees, Santa, etc.
- Please do not use glitter, pastels, chalk, tempera paints, or other materials that may rub off.
- Please do not use stickers or glue/tape anything to the bags.
When you’ve finished decorating and are ready to return the bags, please complete our volunteer form, https://forms.gle/MxUD3sVNLNQzTvGT8, to receive credit for your hours. Please return the bags to Project Angel Heart.
Sponsoring meals inside the bags
If you’re interested in sponsoring meals inside the decorated bags, please contact Tera Prim, firstname.lastname@example.org.