About the Meals
Our professional chefs and registered dietitian prepare tasty, medically tailored meals from scratch. Incorporating a wide array of culinary traditions and cultures, they create meals that feature fresh, high-quality ingredients–including vegetables and herbs from our own garden and local community farms.
A Diverse Menu
The menu is different every week, and includes dishes like:
- Beef Bolognese with spaghetti and peas
- Baked tilapia with scallion-ginger sauce, rice, and carrots
- Chicken and vegetable curry with couscous
- Breakfast tacos with fresh salsa, pinto beans, and zucchini
- Herb roasted pork loin with butternut squash sauce and barley
- Turkey tacos with chipotle red pepper sauce and corn tortillas
- Provencal chicken and vegetable stew with rice pilaf
Each week, we provide seven nutritious entrees, soup, bread, fruit, and milk. The entrees are delivered frozen so that clients have the flexibility to reheat meals whenever they’d like to enjoy them. Some clients may also qualify for a breakfast bag containing a week’s worth of nutritious breakfast foods.
Our Specialty Diets
We believe that food is medicine, and that medically appropriate meals can lead to better health and well-being. So we also tailor meals to meet specific medical and dietary needs. This includes most food allergies* and religious beliefs.
We tailor meals according to six main diets:
Low sodium/diabetic diet
Please note that while we do our best to accommodate dietary needs, our kitchen is not an allergen-free environment. Food prepared in our kitchen may come into contact with wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients, milk, eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, and fish. This is especially important to be aware of if you have a severe or life-threatening food allergy.