For You Or a Loved One
Eating medically appropriate, nutritious food can be especially challenging if you or a loved one is dealing with a life-threatening diagnosis. Fatigue, difficulty getting around, and loss of income can all contribute to not getting enough to eat or eating quick, processed foods that may worsen your health condition.
If you or a loved one is living with congestive heart failure, cancer, HIV/AIDS, kidney disease, or another life-threatening illness, we can help. We’ll deliver delicious, medically tailored meals to your home, at no cost to you.
- Learn more about how good nutrition can support you or your loved one
- Find out if you live within our service area
- Find out if you or your loved one qualifies for meals
- Obtenga más información sobre nuestro programa de comidas en español
Clients may receive meals for as long as needed and may go on and off our service as their caregiver and medical needs change. Clients must be medically certified every six months to remain eligible for meal deliveries.
Please note that there is generally a waitlist for our program. Check current wait times and find out if you are eligible to receive meals more quickly based on your diagnosis and/or location.
How to Apply For Meals
Download an application (or email us if you are unable to download the form)
Complete the application and have it signed by a licensed health care provider (incomplete forms may delay service)
Return the completed application using one of these methods:
- Upload completed application form here (this option coming soon)
- Ask your health care provider to send a secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to our confidential line at 303.865.7002 or 303.830.1840 (or ask your health care provider to fax it)
- Mail: Project Angel Heart, Attn: Client Services, 4950 Washington Street, Denver, CO 80216
A client services team member will contact you or your health care provider regarding your eligibility and the status of your application.
MEET JEAN, A PROJECT ANGEL HEART CLIENT
Because Jean’s heart disease, asthma, and debilitating arthritis made it nearly impossible for her to lift pots and pans, use a can opener, or shop for groceries, she wasn’t eating well…and her health suffered. Once she started receiving Project Angel Heart meals her health improved, so much so that doctors decided she no longer needed hospice care! She has regained the weight she lost and is now able to continue living independently. “I’m eating more regularly and getting better quality, well-balanced meals,” said Jean. “It’s been very beneficial to my health.”