Resources for Project Angel Heart Volunteers
Thank you for your being a Project Angel Heart volunteer! Your service is invaluable and makes it possible for us to continue providing lifesaving, medically tailored meals, free of charge, for thousands of Coloradans each year. Please use the following resources to make the most of your volunteer experience.
COVID-19: What You Need to Know
Important COVID-19 safety protocols for all staff and volunteers
- All Project Angel Heart employees and volunteers age 12+ are required to be fully vaccinated by 11.01.2021
- Vaccination requirements will be in place for anyone spending 15 minutes or more participating in any Project Angel Heart program. That includes all vendors, visitors, volunteers, and guests
- Masks are required while on premises
- Our updated policy can be found here
As a Project Angel Heart volunteer, you are a critical part of our program. If you feel comfortable volunteering and can do so safely, please continue to show up for your assigned shift.
- COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Protocols – for all volunteers
- COVID-19 Kitchen & Safety Protocols – for kitchen volunteers
- COVID-19 Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) – answers to questions we get frequently
Report a Volunteer Absence
Your volunteer time is important to us and greatly affects our ability to serve our clients. If you are unable to attend a volunteer shift for any reason, please complete the volunteer absence form at least 24 hours in advance so that we have may fill your shift with other volunteers.
Some of our clients have compromised immune systems and may be vulnerable to colds, flu, and other illnesses you are experiencing. If you don’t feel well, we ask that you please notify us of your illness and stay home to recover.
Bad Weather Policy
If the weather or roads seem dangerous, please call 303.830.0202 to find out if Project Angel Heart is closed for the day. We also post closings due to weather on 9NEWS and 9NEWS.com. If Project Angel Heart is closed on a Friday or Saturday, meal deliveries will be made as soon as possible.
Nominate a Volunteer of the Month
As a volunteer or staff member at Project Angel Heart, you are eligible to nominate a current volunteer for “Volunteer of the Month.” On the last business day of each month, we will draw one nomination form at random to select that month’s winner.
What’s our policy on cell phones in the kitchen? How do I deal with an emergency situation while volunteering? Brush up on policies and procedures relevant to your volunteer role here.