Jon Emanuel, Executive Chef of Project Angel Heart
Yields about 1 1/2 C
Most people don’t realize how easy it is to make Caesar salad dressing, so they opt for buying a bottle from the store. However, homemade is very easy and, of course, tastes so much better! There are lots of different variations, but this recipe is my personal favorite and is one I’m very proud of. Make sure you don’t leave out the anchovies…trust me, you’ll like it.
- 1/2 oz whole garlic
- 2 oz anchovy fillets
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (or 3 T pasteurized egg)
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil combined with 1/2 C vegetable oil
- White pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the oil and the white pepper into a blender or food processor.
- Puree to a smooth consistency. While still pureeing, very slowly add oil in a steady stream until completely added. Season with white pepper.
- Toss with romaine lettuce (or any of your favorite mixed greens), diced tomatoes, croutons, and a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!