I created this version of fish tacos for my wife, Penny, and decided it was a fun dish for our clients, too. We use swai for the fish, a type of catfish that we get from our seafood supplier (and huge Project Angel Heart supporter) Seattle Fish Company of Denver. Enjoy!
By Jon Emanuel, Executive Chef of Project Angel Heart (2005-2016)
- 1 T paprika
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 catfish fillets, approximately 6-oz each
- Olive oil for cooking
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 pint prepared guacamole
- 4 C green cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 C sour cream, mixed with chipotle hot sauce to taste
- 1 lime, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- Mix all the spices together. Heat a large skillet (preferably non-stick) over medium-high heat until hot. Add a bit of the oil to the pan. Sprinkle both sides of the catfish fillets with the spice mix, and add them to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes and flip. Cook until done, another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the fillets with the warm tortillas and guacamole on the side. Top fillets with cabbage, drizzle with chipotle sour cream and finish with a lime slice. Enjoy!