Chef Brett brings the sweet and the heat with this incredibly versatile salsa that’s perfect for summer. Top grilled shrimp, pork, chicken or beef with it. Or get out your tortilla chips and dip into it.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 ripe pineapple, small diced (Cut away peel, then slice long-way around core. Discard peel and core.)
- 1 large red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeños, finely chopped (Remove seeds and ribs for milder salsa, or add for a bit more kick.)
- 2 limes or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
In a medium serving bowl, combine the pineapple, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add the lime juice, olive oil and salt. Stir to combine.
Season to taste with additional lime juice for added zing and/or salt.
For best flavor, let rest for 10 minutes or longer before serving. This salsa is best served fresh but keeps well, chilled, for up to four days.