Warm up on a cold night with this cozy casserole dish that Distribution Manager Kris Call’s mom used to make.
“It has been a holiday tradition for probably the last 20 years,” Kris says. “Now my family asks me to make it for every holiday meal, even though mine is still not as good as my mom’s.”
By Kris Call, Distribution Manager
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 boxes of frozen broccoli
- 1 box of frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli and corn in separate pots according to directions. Melt butter, saute onions and celery until clear.
- In a separate pot, bring milk to a low boil, add salt and pepper, flour, sugar and cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add onions and celery to cheese.
- In a casserole dish, layer broccoli, corn and cheese two times. Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Brown 1/3 cup bread crumbs in butter and sprinkle on top.