By The Project Angel Heart Kitchen Crew
This month we wanted to share a simple and delicious dessert recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 pound bag of walnuts or pecans (can also do a mixture of nuts)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- pinch cayenne
- 1 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped (fresh is best)
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook until thickened. Bubbles will become slow and large.
- Swirl in butter until completely melted.
- Toss in the nuts.
- Add salt and pepper, a pinch of cayenne, and finely chopped rosemary. Toss to combine.
- Place nuts on a parchment lined cookie sheet and toast for 8 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.