Jon Emanuel, Executive Chef of Project Angel Heart
This surprisingly simple recipe makes a delicious dessert treat that our clients love!
- 3 cups of butter
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 6 3/4 cups of flour
- 12 eggs (3 cups)
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Mix the butter, powdered sugar and 6 cups of flour together in a large bowl until well blended. Push the mixture into two half sheet pans. Bake at 325 degrees until about half done.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the lemon juice, baking powder, and remaining flour.
- Pour the mixture on top of the half done crust. Bake at 375 degrees until firm. After they cool, sprinkle a small amount of powdered sugar on top. Enjoy