By Summer Polson, Sous Chef
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup rice vinegar (plain, NOT seasoned or sweetened)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- crushed red pepper flake to taste
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups julienne vegetables of your choice (I like to use red onion, carrot, and zucchini)
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Lightly sauté ginger and garlic until they become fragrant.
- Add honey while the pan is still warm.
- Whisk rice vinegar and soy sauce into the warm honey ginger mixture.
- Season with salt and red pepper flake to taste.
- Pour warm mixture over vegetables. Chill and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain pickling liquid. Finish salad with fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice.