On March 3, we held our annual Volunteer of the Month dinner to celebrate the exceptional volunteers who were honored as Volunteer of the Month in 2016.
Our team of chefs prepared a special six-course meal for the Volunteers of the Month, who were each accompanied by the volunteer who nominated them or another guest. It was a joyful occasion for our chefs and volunteer resources staff to “turn the tables” and serve a beautiful dinner to those who normally spend their time serving neighbors in need!
[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”50″ gallery_width=”600″ gallery_height=”480″ cycle_effect=”fade” cycle_interval=”5″ show_thumbnail_link=”1″ thumbnail_link_text=”[Show all photos]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_slideshow”]
“I can’t imagine a more special treat for myself than to have someone cook and serve such an amazing meal. It was so personal and meaningful in every way,” said Kathy Stumm, kitchen assistant, community outreach team member, and September 2016’s Volunteer of the Month.
Other honorees included:
- Dorothy Stenman, kitchen assistant
- Stu & John Haskins, meal delivery drivers
- Paul Crowley, distribution assistant
- Mary Barrett, distribution assistant
- John Kelly & Bill Hubbard, meal delivery drivers
- Teresa & Liz Easton, satellite coordinators and shuttle drivers
- Gary Sullivan, kitchen assistant
- Katie Bachofer, distribution assistant
- Marsha Zambrano, shuttle driver
- Lily Wright, meal delivery driver
- Mike Bielkiewicz, shuttle driver
We are so humbled by the contributions of these volunteers, and for the opportunity to serve and celebrate them in a special way!
Do you know a volunteer that should receive special recognition? Did you see someone go the extra mile? Take a few minutes to nominate them for Volunteer of the Month! You can nominate someone here, or by filling out the paper nomination forms located in our staff and volunteer break room in our Denver office.